Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Act As an Adult

Today, I had an exam for ESL. I usually do well, but it was difficult this time.

After finishing my exam, I left my class. Someone whom I had never met before came up to me. Then she asked me if the exam was difficult. I told her that it was difficult for me. Then she opened her textbook and asked me to tell her which questions were on the exam.
I was so surprised.
I told her, "I don't like cheating. I'm sorry, but I can't help you."
My college has two same ESL classes which have exactly same subject and teacher, but their schedules are different.
My exam was today, and the other class will have their exam tomorrow.

So she was waiting for someone who would help her to cheat on the exam.

I can't stand cheating.
If she can't score well without cheating, she does not meet this class's level. I think she should take an easier class instead.
And also, she is already an adult, so she should be able to make the right decision. I think it is shameful for an adult to act in such manner.

I can't understand why anyone would cheat.
Is it cultural difference?

Study hard instead of cheating.





 Today's Vocabulary
・do well : よくできる、うまくいく
・score : verb / 得点をとる
・meet : verb / (条件、要件などを)満たす
  ex) This does not meet the requirement for this assignment. 宿題の必須条件を満たしていません。
・come up : phrasal verb / (話をしに)近づく、やって来る
・shameful : adjective / 恥ずべき
・cultural difference : 文化的な違い

No comments:

Post a Comment