Saturday, December 24, 2011

Free Coffee at Peet's Coffee & Tea

Last night, I went to bed earlier than usual. So, I woke up early in the morning today.

This morning, I went to hospital because I had an apointment for blood testing. It took about 15 minutes for everything. I was so surprized because when I lived in Japan, I had to wait for 1 to 3 hours at the hospital even when I had an appintment. I thought Japanese health service fee was unbelievably low compared to the U.S. That's why many people in Japan visit a doctor even when they don't really need to. Hospitals in Japan are always crowded!

Afterward, I went to Peet's Coffee & Tea.
I got a large cup of coffee for free there! Yay!
I expected the free coffee to be a small size, I was able to choose any size.
That's incredible!

These day, I've seen some people who are wearing Santa Claus costume any where.
People have been so friendly because of Christmas these days.
I think Christmas season is one of the most special times in the U.S.





 Today's Vocabulary
・ blood testing / blood test / blood screening / blood examination : 血液検査
・ blood-test : verb / 血液検査をする
・ unbelievably : adverb / 信じられないほど
・ incredible : adjective / すごい、とてつもない、途方もない
  ex) That's incredible! すごいね!
  ex) What an incredible house! なんて素晴らしい家なんだろう。
  ex) He won an incredible amount of money in the lottery. 彼は宝くじで途方もない額のお金を得た。
・ incredibly : adverb / ものすごく、たっぷりと、途方もなく、
・ compared to : 比較して、比べて
  ex) She is very meek compared to her noisy older sister.  彼女はやかましい姉に比べてとてもおとなしい。

No comments:

Post a Comment