Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Snow on the Mountain :)

Considering yesterday's weather, I can't believe that it's very hot and sunny today.

After my class, I studied about nursing at the library for four hours today. It was the longest that I've ever spent studying there! I can usually only concentrate up to two hours. :) I'd like to say to myself, "Good job!"

After that, I headed toward home. While I was driving, I was able to see beautiful snow on distant mountains. I remembered that it rained yesterday. That's why it snowed on mountain side. I felt lucky to see that! That's because we didn't get much rain this winter. This was my first time to see snow this winter!
In Southern California, people can go surfing on beaches and also can go skiing on mountains on the same day! I think it's an unique place.

I thought today was a special day because of studying and snow. :) Yay!






 Today's Vocabulary
・ distant : adjective / 遠い、離れた
  ex) distant ages: 遠い昔
  ex) distant future : 遠い未来
  ex) not-too-distant : adjective / それ程遠くない
  ex) in the not-too-distant future : 近い将来に、あまりそう遠くない未来に

No comments:

Post a Comment