Friday, February 3, 2012

New Pronunciations and New Phrases

Today, I took pronunciation test. I've been taking the class since last month. I could notice that some of my pronunciations were wrong, and I learned how I should correct.

For example, [a] sound is very difficult. Many spelling pattern for [a] consist of the letters "o".
on, top, shop, stop, gone, mom, October, not, clock, follow, honest, option, block, lot, hospital, problem, doctor, etc...
The letter o in the example above are pronounced  with [a] sound. I used to pronounce letter o with o sound! I have to correct many of my pronunciations. The class is very useful for me.
 
After my class, I went to the library. I studied for an hour and a half. Then, I went to UPS to drop off a package which I wanted to return to Amazon.
I've bought a new Dell adapter cable from Amazon, but the connection was loose. I thought it was defective. So I decided to return and buy another new one.
Now, I can't use my laptop without the adapter. I'm using my netbook instead of it.

I hope my new adapter will work fine.


By the way, UPS staff nicely asked me today, "Are you new in town?" I didn't know what that means. She restated that differently. " Have you moved to here?" Then, I understood.
I think writing my episode which I was confused in English is one of the best ways to remember new phrases.





 Today's Vocaburary
・ the connection is loose : 接触不良
・ loose connection : 接触不良
・ have a loose connection : 接触不良を起こす
・ loose : adjective / ゆるい、(歯が)グラグラする
・ defective : 不良品、欠陥品
・ Are you new in town? : この辺は初めて?
・ Are you new here? : こちらは初めてですか?
・ restate : verb / (明確にする為に)再び述べる、言い直す

No comments:

Post a Comment