Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vegetables of Chikuzenni Ingregients

Tonight, I cooked Chikuzenni for dinner. It is a local dish of Southern Japan and is eaten in special occasion like New Year.


Chikuzenni
Most vegetables used in this dish are Asian vegetable. So, you might not know some of them.


Satoimo / Taro of Japan
Satoimo / Taro of Japan
I usually buy frozen Satoimo at  Japanese supermarket. The frozen one is already peeled and can be used right away for convenience.
Frozen satoimo

Renkon / Lotus
Renkon / Lotus
I also buy frozen Renkon at Japanese super market instead of fresh one.

Frozen Renkon / Frozen lotus

Shiitake / Mushroom

Shiitake / Mushroom
 Dried shiitake is used for many Japanese food.
dried shiitake


Konnyaku / Konjac

Konnyaku / Konjac
You can find konnyaku near tofu section at Japanese supermarket.  Konnyaku has two types of colors which are black and white. Black konnyaku is more appropriate for Chikuzenni. Konnyaku is zero calories. ;)


Black konnyaku

White konnyaku



 I'm going to share the recipe of Chikuzenni within the next few days. :)


    This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment