Thursday, March 29, 2012

Allowing Dwindling of Resources and Raising Costs for Education

I checked summer class schedule yesterday. I was disappointed with the schedule because there will be only three ESL classes in next semester! :(( I was going to move up to the next level, but there's only one ESL advanced class available! Frankly, I don't like that teacher's teaching method. The teacher is very interesting and passionated person, but she doesn't organize her teaching and gives only few assignments. Because she is very unorganized, she skips pages frequently accidentally and that will confuse me, and it will make me stressful. One of the other two classes will be my current class. I've already taken this class for three semesters, but I like his teaching method. He is really organized. I've never been confused during his class. He gives a lot of homework, but it's really good for my English. If I go to my school next semester, I will continue to take my current class. Or, I might skip next semester. I've never skipped a semester so far though. If I skip a semester, I think I will be lazy despite having a lot of time. I think it's better to go to school and keep studying English and nursing. Hmmm...  I have to think about it more.
California government has been allowing dwindling of resources and raising costs for education. Tuition fee is going up $10 more per unit, and my teacher said the number of classes was going to be reduced to 60%. That is sad for students, but it can't be helped.





 Today's Vocabulary
・ dwindling : adjective / (徐々に)小さくなる、減少する
・ be reduced to : ~に減らされる

No comments:

Post a Comment