Saturday, March 31, 2012

Japanese Ice Cream

I sometimes eat ice cream.:) I usually buy chocolate and vanilla flavored ice cream at Ralphs or Rite Aid.
This month maeda-en ice cream was on sale at Marukai Japanese supermarket. 16 oz cup of ice cream was $2.28. I bought green tea, red bean and black sesami flavored ice cream.


I remembered the taste of Japanese ice cream! These flavors are not available at American supermarkets.
I especially like green tea flavored ice cream, which is also called maccha ice cream. Later, I found the recipe of maccha ice cream. Homemade maccha ice cream was richer in taste. I think it was better than maeda-en ice cream! If you can find maccha powder, you should try it. Maccha powder is sold at tea section of Japanese Supermarkets, or you can buy off Amazon as well. It's pretty expensive though.

maccha powder
I'm going to share the recipe within few days.



      This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking


 Today's Vocabulary
・ rich in taste : 豊かな味わい
  ex) mild in taste : まろやかな味
  ex) excellent in taste : 素晴らしい味わい
・ buy off : 買う

No comments:

Post a Comment