Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Regular Dental Check Up

Today, my husband and I went to a dentist for a regular dental check up. I also got scaling and fluoride treatment. I was glad that these were covered by insurance. I also got a toothpaste and a toothbrush for free. Dentist found that I have a cavity. So, I have to get my cavity removed. It will cost $430 after my insurance. That's expensive, but it can't be helped. I have to do it anyway. In Japan, if I fix a cavity, it might cost around $20-50. I think that the U.S. emphasize prevention of disease. People are more serious about preventing oral disease by daily flossing, brushing, mouth wash and getting semiannual check up because medical fee is very expensive. I think it's very good! In Japan, medical fee isn't expensive. People in Japan often go to hospital, but many people resist to go for a check up. It's because check up costs a lot of money.

My next appointment is on April 3rd. I'm going to bleach my teeth within few months. I've never done it before, but I'd like to do it.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ regular check up : 定期健診
  ex) get regular check ups : 定期健診を受ける
・ scaling : noun / 歯石取り
・ fluoride treatment : フッ素トリートメント
・ be covered by insurance : 保険でカバーされる
・ emphasize prevention of disease : 病気の予防に重点を置く
・ semiannual : adjective / 半年ごとの
・ resist : verb / 抵抗する
・ bleach ones teeth : 歯を漂白する
・ tooth bleaching : 歯の漂白 

No comments:

Post a Comment