Sunday, March 11, 2012

We Came to a Conclusion

Today, my husband and I went to Pep Boys to buy an air filter and a rear wiper blade. We checked each model number with a catalog in store to identify the appropriate products for my car.
I purchased an air filter for about $12 and a rear wiper blade for about $9. And my husband had $20 reward with his previous purchase, so I ended up paying less than $3 including tax. Yay!

Then, we checked how to replaced these on youtube again. It seemed pretty easy, but it took a while to figure out how to do this.
Eventually, we replaced the old air filter with the new one.
new air filter and old one
Then, we tried to figure out how to install the rear wiper blade. However, the blade we bought did not match the old ones. Therefore, we came to a conclusion that the new wiper blade wouldn't fit on my car. We searched the product on the Internet. Some people complained about the same thing. One person said that he took the rubber off the wiper blade and replaced it. Hmm.... I have to decide between returning this, or replacing it after removing the rubber. It's not an easy decision.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ identify : verb / (身元を、正体を)確認する、識別する
  ex) I tried to identify my coat at the Lost and Found. : 私は遺失物取扱所で私のコートを見つけようとした。
  ex) We need to identify data errors and corrects them. : データの誤りを特定し修正する必要があります。
・ including tax : 税込み
・ install : verb / (機器などを)据え付ける、設置する、取り付ける
  ex) The new equipment was installed in our factory. : 新しい装置が当社工場に設置されました。
・ match : verb / (検索・照合などで)~にマッチする、一致(調和・適合)させる
・ come to a conclusion :  結論を出す、決着する、断定する、終わる
  ex) I've come to a conclusion. : 私なりに結論を出しました
・ fit : verb / (形や大きさなどが~に)合う、適合する、フィットする
  ex) That's the shoe that fits me. : それは私にぴったりだ。
  ex) My clothes don't fit me anymore. : 服がきつくなった。/服が合わなくなった。
  ex) The key doesn't fit the lock. : 鍵が錠に合わない。

No comments:

Post a Comment