Wednesday, March 7, 2012

We Can Learn Many More Practical Things in Life

Today, my teacher taught about the federal system of American government in class. He said, "All men are created equal and do not judge by the color of their skin but their contents of their character." Then he asked us who he quoted. I immediately recognized that this was Martin Luther King, Jr's words from his speech "I have a dream" because I wrote about his speech on my blog before. Hehe.. ;)
The contents of today's class was very difficult for me because I didn't know many political vocabularies.

The federal system which I learned today was...

Branch of Government
1) Executive
   ・President and his/her cabinet
2) Legislative
   ・House of Representative (435 governors / 53 governors in CA)
 ・Senate (100 governors / 2 governors in CA)
3) Judicial
4) Military
 ・President
 ・Civilian

I didn't know these before today, but we were glad that we learned about this today. He explained very thoroughly, and it was easy to understand. In addition to learning English, we can learn many more practical things in life. I like my class!






 Today's Vocabulary
・ federal system : 連邦制度
・ quore : verb / 引用する
・ recognized : verb / ~と分かる、~と見分ける
・ executive : noun / 高位の行政官
・ legislative : adjective / 立法の
・ representative : noun / 下院議員
・ House of Representative : 下院
・ senate : noun / 上院
・ judicial : adjective / 司法の
・ thoroughly : adverb / 完全に、じっくりと、十分に
・ In addition to : ~に加えて

No comments:

Post a Comment