Tuesday, April 17, 2012

In Order to Improve My Vocabulary Skill

Yesterday, I received a package for my sister from Hollister. :) I'm going to take these clothing to my sister when I visit Japan.

I took my tutoring today. I was not able to make an appointment with my former tutor because her schedule was already full. So, I met up with a new tutor today. I told him that I find it difficult to understand my reading book. He advised me to create questions by myself after reading each paragraph. For example, "What is the main idea in this paragraph?" I practiced finding the main idea with my tutor. It was really difficult for me. I was able to find them, but it took me a while do this. I thought I should practice more, and I'll get used to it someday. And I also told him that I sometimes understood the content of the story, but it depended on the topic. When I read a medical article, it's easy to understand. However, when I read other articles such as politics and science, it was very difficult to understand. I think I've never had interests in these kind of subjects even if they are in Japanese. My tutor suggested I should choose three topics which I'm interested in. Two topics should pertain to something that I am very familiar with my prior knowledge. The last one should be something that I have interests, but I don't have enough knowledge about it. So, I chose tips on saving money, fashion and animal. I read fashion blogs and blogs with tips to save money and I also watch fashion and beauty videos on youtube everyday. He suggested that I watch video pertaining to animals once out of three times. I can watch fashion and beauty videos for the remaining two times. I thought that's a good idea. I'm subscribing many fashion and beauty channels which are my favorite on youtube. I should subscribe to another channel which relates to animals. This way it will definitely help me increase my vocabularies.





 Today's Vocabulary
・ meet up with : 会う、~に偶然(ばったり)出会う
  ex) I'm glad I met up with someone like you. : あなたみたいな人に出会えてうれしい。
・ pertain to : ~に関連する
・ prior knowledge : 予備知識
・ once out of three times : 3回に1回

No comments:

Post a Comment