Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Assessment Test

After advanced conversation class, I studied at library for an hour today. Then, I took my tutoring for an hour. After that, I went back to the library to study. While I was studying, I felt cold breeze towards my desk. I felt a little cold. I endured the chill for an hour, but I ended up giving up my study because I wanted to avoid catching a cold. Then, I had lunch in my car. It's drizzling today. So, it was not hot inside car. After eating lunch, I was planning on going back to library again. But I took a nap for an hour and half in my car instead. :P After that, I went to the building to take English assessment test. It has been two years since I took the test. The listening section was not too difficult for me, the recording spoke very quickly though. The reading section was also not too difficult, but I ran out of time before finishing all question. :(( I was stunned. I wasn't paying attention to the time I've spent reading the excerpts. I was very disappointed in myself. Then, I wrote my essay. Because I was disappointed, I wasn't able to concentrate and I felt that I couldn't do well on my writing test as well.

Anyway, I was really disappointed in myself. :( I expected to do well after two years of studying... I think my English skill is not as good as I hoped.
I should pay more attention to the time when I have a chance during a test next time. And I have to study more.





 Today's Vocabulary
・ cold breeze : 冷たい風
・ endured : verb / 耐える
  ex) I can't endure any more. : 我慢にもほどがあるんだよ。
・ chill : noun / 冷え
・ speak quickly : 早口に話す
・ speak fast : 早口に話す
・ excerpt : noun / 一部、抜粋
・ be disappointed in : ~に失望する

No comments:

Post a Comment