Sunday, May 6, 2012

New Laptop

Today, my auction ended, and I sold two products. Yay! I contacted my customers and confirmed these payments. I'm going to send these out at the post office tomorrow morning.
And I also auctioned off some more products online today.

My husband bought a new laptop at Best Buy today. It has a 17.3 inch moniter. It's pretty big! He likes watching movie on the computer. So, he decided to buy a laptop with a bigger screen. I think computers have been cheaper these days. His new HP laptop was under $500 including one year warranty! My husband's old Sony Vaio computer was over $2,200 in Japan four years ago. Even though it was very expensive, we thought it was normal for a computer at the time. Actually, computers in Japan are more expensive than the ones in the United States even though it's a Japanese brand.

My computer is already three years old. I don't think it will last much longer. Even if my computer breaks down, I will pay only a quarter of what I paid for a computer four years ago. So, I won't hesitate to buy a new computer when needed. :)






 Today's Vocabulary
・ confirm : verb / 確認する ( Pronunciation is kənfə'ːrm )
・ payment : noun / 支払い
・ send out : phrasal verb / 発送する
・ hesitate : verb / ちゅうちょする、ためらう  ( Pronunciation is he'zite`it )
  ex) I didn't hesitate at all. : 私は全くためらわなかった。

No comments:

Post a Comment