Monday, June 11, 2012

Fox and Label

When I went to Banana Republic last Saturday, a cashier talked to me. She complimented my nail paints and my scarf. I said to her that my scarf is from Banana Republic. :) She asked me if I knew what was printed on my scarf. I said to her, "Yeah, I know. It's fox." But she didn't understand immediately what I said. She said, "No, no, ....? You said fox? Yes, right." I know that I should have said that they're foxes. But the biggest my problem was my pronunciation.

The foxes were printed on my scarf

Next day, I went to CVS and bought an eye drop. After I finished paying, I noticed I was supposed to get a $2 ECB. I went back to CVS and talked to the cashier about that. He tried to confirm their advertisement, the product I bought and my receipt. I said to him, "It was also labeled on shelf." He didn't listen at all. I thought he ignored me because he didn't understand what I said. I thought my pronunciation was wrong again. :(( I wanted to say that the label on shelf displayed that you get a $2 ECB when you buy that product.

These episodes really let me down.
How can I correct my pronunciation. It's very difficult for an adult English learner. :( I feel like I might have this problem forever...


Fox is pronunced fɑ'ks.

Label is pronunced le'ibl.

I'll never forget these pronunciation!

No comments:

Post a Comment