Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How I Accomplished My Plan for Summer Vacation

It's been a month since I made the goal for summer vacation. I'm going to evaluate myself in term of my accomplishment.


1. Nursing : Finish studying one chapter of the NCLEX textbook per week, and continue studying medical terminology. 

I accomplished 100% for NCLEX. However, I did 50% for medical terminology.


2. ESL grammar and vocabulary : Restudy Passages volume 1 textbook. Finish the textbook before summer semester begins.

I accomplished 90%. I finished studying the entire book expect for listening section.


3. ESL listening : Watch Grey's Anatomy every day. Finish watching season 2 before summer semester begins.

I accomplished 100%. I already have been watching season 3. I ordered the DVDs for season 1 to 7 from Amazon. I will receive them soon. When I first watched Grey's Anatomy, it was difficult to understand what the characters was saying. I understood about 30 to 50%. However, I understand that over 80% now. I think I was getting use to it. After getting DVDs, I want to focus on vocabularies and phrases with seeing the subtitles.


4. Exercise : Exercise every afternoon and night.
 I exercised twice a day for two weeks. Then, I didn't at all! My backache has gone away already. That's why I became lazy again. I know if I don't exercise regularly, I will have severe backache again. Okay, I should do it!



As I mentioned in my previous entry this month, I was going to go school from this Monday, but I dropped out my summer class. So, I have two more months of vacation! I know that I typically became lazy when I have too much excess time. I have been studying for a month. However, I was studying more than now while I went to a school. :P  I'm going to make a goal for another month. It's good way to make my summer vacation preoccupied. :)

1. Nursing : Finish studying one chapter of the NCLEX textbook per week, and continue studying medical terminology.


2. ESL Writing : Finish studying one unit of the Blueprints 1 textbook every two weeks.


3. ESL listening : Watch Grey's Anatomy every day. Finish watching season 3 in a month.


4. Exercise : Exercise every afternoon and night.


I'm going to evaluate myself a month later again. Now, I will turn over a new leaf and enjoy my summer vacation!






 Today's Vocabulary
・ make a goal : 目標を立てる
・ evaluate oneself : 自己評価する
・ turn over a new leaf : 心機一転する、心を入れ替える

No comments:

Post a Comment