Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What Is Perfect for Gifts?

Today, I met my friend at a cafe. It had been a month since we met last time. I was worried about her health because she had a surgery a month ago. However, I was glad that she said that she had recovered completely. She told me that she even forgot she had a surgery until her friends asked her for her condition. She and her sons are going to Korea next week. It has been five years since she left Korea. She has never visited back after moving to the U.S. She said she bought many gifts for her relatives and friends. She has spent about $5000 for their gifts. That's incredibly a lot! How can she take so many gifts to Korea. It might be a lot of work to take all. She said that her sons will be her porter during their vacation. I think that's a good idea. :) She told me that she bought some cactus honey powder for some of her gifts. She said that it is about $2 in the U.S., but it is $10 in Korea. I sometimes see it at Korean supermarkets, but I have never tried it. I don't know the taste of it. However, She said to me it was mistake to buy the cactus honey powder for gifts because it's heavy. She wants to take as many gifts as possible to Korea, but the weight of each luggage is limited. Hmmm... I thought the cactus honey sugar would be perfect for gift from U.S. even though it is heavy. However, I have seen it only at Korean supermarket. I think it's really famous in Korea, but it's not very popular in the U.S., right? Anyway, I'd like to try tasting it. When I go to Korean supermarket, I'll definitely buy it! If I like it, I will buy more for my sister. I know I won't buy too much because it's heavy to take back to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment