Monday, July 2, 2012

In 17 Days

My husband is going to Japan on July 18. There are only 17 days left. I want him to take back my gifts for my family to Japan. However, there is a weight limit for each luggage. If your bag exceeds the limit, you have to pay additional fee.
Delta airline allows two checked baggage, which is under 50lb (23kg) and under 62inch (157cm), to Japan from U.S. You may also carry one bag and one small personal item at no charge.
My husband is also going to use JAL airline at Haneda to Fukuoka in Japan. JAL air line allows to checked baggage, which is under 20kg. You may also carry one bag and small personal item at no charge, but the total weight of both bags must be 10kg.
So, He can't check in if the bags are too heavy at Haneda airport. He has to use delivery service in order to send my gifts for my family. Maybe, it will cost about $20 to $25. I found that American Express offers delivery service from airports to your home and your home to airport for free. However, I'm not sure whether our U.S. issued American Express credit cards will be accepted. The delivery service at airport might be for people who have American Express credit card issued by only Japan.
We are thinking about buying a new luggage which is as light as possible and not too bulky. I think weight of luggage is very important. Long time ago, I thought a bigger and stronger luggage was better for overseas travel. However, the checked baggage limit is more and more strict. We need lighter luggage. Even the luggage is not very big, it is fine.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ weight limit : 重量制限
・ exceed : verb / 超える
・ checked baggage : (機内)手荷物預け入れ荷物
・ delivery service : 配達サービス
・ issue : verb / 発行する
・ bulky : adjective / 大きい、かさばる


No comments:

Post a Comment