Friday, July 20, 2012

The Flight Has Been Canceled Again!

As  I mentioned in yesterday's entry, my husband's flight had been canceled on Wednesday night. His new flight was 4:30 p.m. yesterday. I said good bye to him again at 12 p.m. Then, he called me he would go boarding from now on at 4:30 p.m. I was relived that he finally go onto an airplane! At 8 p.m., he called me again. I was really surprised because he should have been on the airplane. He told me very quickly that he was on the airplane but the airplane didn't take off yet. I was worried the flight might be canceled again. At 8:30 p.m., he called me again. He told me that passengers had to getting off. The flight was canceled again! After that he was waiting for his luggage back for 5 hours or so, but those didn't come out at all. Some people were waiting in line at Delta counter to change their flight schedule for long time as well. 6 hours later, Delta air line announced they were not able to deal with flight change at this counter. So, after waiting in line for many hours, passengers had to move to another counter and had to wait in line all over again. 8 hours later, my husband ended up with a new flight schedule. His new flight's departure time was 9 a.m. I was going to pick him up at LAX, but it was already 4 a.m. I gave up the idea because he had to check in an hour later. His old airplane ticket was 11 hours traveling time to get to Haneda Airport, but his new flight route includes  one stop flight in Detroit.  The travel time including waiting time in Detroit would add up to about 22 hours instead of initial 11 hours. That's very disappointing.
From Wednesday, he has been exhausted by this flight change. He got stuck in LAX for very long time.
I hope his business trip won't get any worse.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ boarding : 搭乗手続き、乗車
・ flight route : 飛行経路


No comments:

Post a Comment