Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Flight Has Been Canceled

Yesterday, my husband was going on a business trip to Japan. He left our home at 8:30 p.m. to go to LAX. I said good bye and see him next week. At 10:30, he made a phone call to me. Apparently, the flight had been canceled. When he checked in at Delta Airline counter, they said the flight had been delay. After a while, they announced the flight had been canceled and next flight departure time would be about 16 hours later. It was already midnight. According Delta Airline there were no hotels with vacancies within 2 hours from LAX. Many people got angry at Delta Airline and some people had to sleep on the floor at LAX. After my husband called me, I headed toward LAX to pick him up. It took about an hour to get there. When we came back home, it was already 3 a.m. We were exhausted. I was worried about the packages which I sold. I told my customers that the package should ship on July 20 (Japanese time), but after rescheduling he will arrive in Japan at 8:30 p.m. on July 20. Even though Delta Airline said that they will arrive 8:30 p.m., most flights are usually delayed. I hope he will be able to send those packages on time before shipping stores are closed. The stores will close at 11 p.m.






 Today's V0cabulary
・ after a while :  しばらくして(から)
・ departure time : 出発時刻

No comments:

Post a Comment