Friday, August 24, 2012

I Was Invited to My Friend's New House

Today, I went to my friend's house. Her family has bought a house recently. Before going there, I bought some Japanese snacks for her gifts at a Korean market.

My friend gave me a tour of her new house. All rooms were very clean and neat like a nice hotel. She provided me with many refreshments such as fruits and sweets.
I asked her what was that sugar stick. She told me it was sugar for black tea. It was my first time to try sugar stick!
Sugar crystal on wood stick

 And also I had never eaten chocolate sunflower seeds before. I liked that!
Chocolate covered sunflower seeds


We talked about assignments of our class. She told me about her summer vacation in Iran and showed me many pictures. Her family has a parakeet as a pet. It was playing with a toy ring and was chirping all the time. He was so cute. :)

The new class seems very complicate, but I think I can get through with it with her. :)






 Today's Vocabulary
・ give someone a tour of : (人)を案内する
・ refreshments : noun / 軽食、スナック
・ provide refreshment for : ~にお茶菓子を用意する
・ chirp : verb / 〔鳥や虫が〕さえずる、甲高く鳴く



No comments:

Post a Comment