Thursday, September 13, 2012

My True Experiences

The first day of this semester, my ESL teacher asked us to write three sentences of your own personal information. Two of them should be true, and only one should be false. Then, my teacher choose one person every day, and other students guess which sentence is false. He also asks us whether or not these sentences are grammatically correct. This way, we can not only remember our classmates, but also we can learn grammar from our sentences. I tried to write unusual experiences in my life to make other students confused. Haha!
My first sentence was "I have slept at a dentist during treatments."
Second sentence was "I have landed in Thailand without a hotel reservation at 10 p.m."
Third sentence was "I skydived in Thailand when I was 21."
I was chosen by my teacher today, and I read my three sentences in the class. My classmates were really confused because none of them seemed realistic. :) The answer was third sentence! That was false. I went to Thailand when I was 21. However, I've never skydived before, and I don't want to do it. That's not enjoyable for me and too scary.
My first sentence is true. I sometimes went to a dentist after school or work. I thought that I wouldn't be allow to eat after treatments, so I should eat before the treatments. I usually went to a dentist after eating. In addition, I lied down on the cozy chair with a comfy blanket, and listened classic songs. This environment made me sleepy. haha... I've slept at a dentist more than three times. Every time, I was trying to stay awake, but it couldn't be helped.
My second sentence was also true. My boyfriend, who is my husband now, and I went to Thailand for our first oversea travel. Because we were young, we were not afraid. Now, I think it was very risky though. As soon as we got to Thailand at 10 p.m., we were able to make a hotel reservation. Then, we went to the hotel by a bus. I know we should have used a taxi because it was late at night and we didn't know how to get on the bus. However, it was really enjoyable and I feel that it was a precious experience. However, now I don't want to take risks like that anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment