Monday, October 15, 2012

Dream Come True - Winter Song

I know Southern California is almost always sunny, and I have never felt winter here. When I lived in Japan, I hated cold weather because I am sensitive to the cold. I didn't want to get up from bed every morning in winter in Japan. I didn't like feeling chilly wind on the way to work. I wanted to stay in front of  a heater. However, I miss cold weather in Japan now. I want to see falling snowflakes and wear a down jacket, gloves, scarf, and long boots. I think if I were in Japan, I would enjoy cold weather more than before. I know I live in one of the most pleasant climate in the world now, but I recall enjoying the changing in seasons in Japan with a happy memory.

This song, Winter Song, was released by Dream Come True, which is a Japanese pop band, in 1994. My sister loves Dream Come True and often went to their concerts.




Lyrics

The dusk is gaining ground, lights flicker all around
And as I walk the lonely streets, the snow is falling ever faster
Looking to the sky, I wonder where you are,
The way you came into my life, filling every day with laughter

Almost blinded by the snowflakes on my face

Despite the chill I feel the warmth of your embrace
Intoxicated now, I stagger like a fool
I feel that surely I could float away

I want to show you everything I see, the way I'm feeling

I need to be with you tonight, to hold your arms around me
My love for you is deeper than the deepest snows of winter
The greatest gift I ever had was you.

This sparkling crystal world, this magic winter land,

If I could share it all with you, and make-believe forever after

Like a blanket over everything in sight,

<a href="http://www.3131.info/Dreams+Come+True/WINTER+SONG/">WINTER SONG 歌詞<a> - <a href="http://www.3131.info">J-POP 歌詞<a>

In the hush I hear the silence of the night
The snow has covered all the streets we walked along
I hope you still remember me tonight…

I want to show you everything I see, the way I'm feeling

I need to be with you tonight, to feel you all around me
My love for you is deeper than the deepest snows of winter
The greatest gift I ever had

Can't remember feeling this way before

Do you know, do you understand what's going through my heart
Well the way that I love you, I just hope you feel it too,
Tonight wherever you are…

I want to show you everything I see, the way I'm feeling

I need to be with you tonight, to hold your arms around me
My love for you is deeper than the deepest snows of winter
The greatest gift I ever had was you,
The greatest gift I ever had was you.

This is my song for you…







 Today's Vocabulary
・ sensitive to the cold : 寒さに弱い
・ chilly wind : ひんやりした風
・ pleasant climate : 気持ちの良い気候、心地良い気候
・ dusk : noun / 夕暮れ、たそがれ
・ gain ground : phrasal verb /優勢になる
・ ever faster : かつてない速さの
・ you came into my life : あなたが私の人生にかかわるようになる
・ laughter : noun / 笑い(声)、楽しそうな表情
・ almost blinded by : ~に目がくらみそうになる
・ despite : preposition / ~にもかかわらず、~をよそに
・ embrace : noun / 抱擁
・ Intoxicated : adjective / 陶酔して、夢中になって、ウキウキして、興奮して
・ stagger : verb / 〔倒れそうなほど〕よろめく、ぐらつく、ふらつく
・ float away : 流れていく、漂う
・ sparkling : adjective / きらめく、キラキラ光る
・ make-believe : 空想、〔子どもなどの〕見せ掛け、ふり
・ forever after : 永遠に
・ in sight : 間近に
  ex) I have the target in sight right now. : 今、目標が間近に迫っている。
  ex) The bottom is in sight. : 景気の底が見える。
  ex) There is no end in sight. : 終わりが見えない、終わりは間近ではありません。
・ hush : noun / 静けさ、静寂 ◆騒動の後の 
・ the way I feel : 私の思い、私の気持ち

   



  

No comments:

Post a Comment