Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Misinterpreting the Assignment

Today, I realized I am a careless person. I used to believe that I was a detail-oriented and diligent person. However, I interpreted today's assignment incorrectly. I thought today was the day I needed to hand in only my draft essay, and the final draft was going to be handed in the following day. Actually, I was supposed to hand in both of them today. :( While I was taking a break during my class, I looked over the syllabus of the class and accidentally noticed my misinterpretation. I had a bad day coupon, which my teacher gave to us in the first day of this semester. This coupon entitles the student to submit one assignment late. However, there are exceptions, so we can not use it for some assignments. I told her about my misinterpretation, and asked her whether I may use the bad day coupon for it. She understood my confusion and allowed me to send the assignment to her by email today. I was really relieved because the assignment accounts for one of the greatest point of the entire grade in this class. While the draft essay I handed in today was 10 point, the final draft I sent her by email was 65 point. As I wrote in previous entry, our class assignments are various and complicated. In the first day of this semester, I knew I needed to be very careful for all assignments because they were very confusing.
Anyway, I deeply appreciated for her understanding, and I promise it won't happen again.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ detail-oriented : adjective / 細かいことにうるさい、細部重視の、細部に気を配って、きちょうめんな
・ diligent : adjective / 勤勉な、熱心な、精を出す、精勤する
・ the following day : 次の日、翌日
・ entitle : verb / ~に資格・権利を与える
・ account for : phrasal verb / ~の割合を占める、~から成る、~を構成する
  ex) ・This product accounts for 50% of the company's revenue. : 会社の収入の50%がこの製品で占められている。


No comments:

Post a Comment