Friday, November 9, 2012

Assessment Test Was Canceled

This morning, I went to school to take an assessment test, which identifies appropriate ESL class for me. I arrived at the test room 10 minutes prior to the exam. After that, two other students came. After a while, a staff came and told us that today's test was canceled. I was disappointed about that, but it couldn't be helped, so I came back home.
While most students take the assessment test in order to begin to take ESL class since it is required, I'm going to take the exam for my own assessment. It's just because I want to know if my English improved. I'm not sure which class I should take next semester. Because I'm going to take NCLEX next year and need to study harder for nursing, I can not take all ESL class I want to take. I'm thinking about taking either advanced grammar class or advanced writing class. I'm taking both classes now. To be honest, grammar class is not difficult for me at all; moreover, I know over 90% of grammar which I learned in the class. I have been taking grammar class since 2009 and know that English grammar is very important for everything. That's why I wanted to at least finish taking advanced grammar class. My teacher said next semester we are going to learn the remaining half of the textbook, which we are using now, and study verb tense which we already learned in this semester. My teacher told us that verb tense is the most important for understanding grammar, and I can understand what he wants to say. Frankly, I am sick of learning verb tense because I already know about that. In contrast, advanced writing class is not easy for me. I've learned many techniques to write essays and many advanced vocabularies. Keeping up with the class is not easy, and it takes me a while to finish each assignment. Most students want to avoid taking the class because of difficulty and stress; however, I enjoy taking the class because I have a desire to learn writing now. I need to decide which class I'm going to take next semester within five days. Should I finish my advanced grammar textbook, or should I take advanced writing class, which I am interested in? Hmmm...
Anyway, I'm going to take assessment test next week. I hope my assessment score will be higher than six months ago.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment