Monday, November 26, 2012

Need a Great Deal of Effort

Today, my writing teacher taught us about the proper procedure of ESL writing class. Students in my class are basically required to finish the same class next semester in order to go up next level. She told us even when students ask her for permission to go up a level, she doesn't allow them because she doesn't have authority to do it. In order to skip that class, we must take ESL assessment test, which I took few weeks ago, and must pass it because there is no another choice. She told us the writing assessment test is evaluated on one-to-six scale. If your writing assessment score is five or six, you can go up a level. She told us getting six score is way too difficult for our level, and next level's class is much harder than current class. I was lucky to pass the exam, but I'm afraid to go next level because keeping up with next class must be hard for me. However, I've already decided to take that class, so I need a great deal of effort and commitment for it next year!





 Today's Vocabulary
authority : noun / 〔付与された〕権限、職権
     ex) We don't have authority to compromise a civil tax claim. : われわれには納税請求を示談にする権限はない。 
・ commitment : noun / 献身、深い関与

No comments:

Post a Comment