Monday, November 19, 2012

Prior to the Final Writing Exam

Today, I received my writing assignment, which I handed in few weeks ago. I got a perfect score. Yay! My teacher asked me to email my essay to her in order to use it as one of student's good examples in the further class. Every time she explains about an assignment, she hands out student's examples. Many students point out mistakes on the example essay in class. One day, she said, "As you know, this is not a perfect essay. This is a better example from a student at your level even though there are some mistakes." She pointed out the mistakes. She said that even though we were in advanced ESL writing class, our level was still as similar as 8th grade American students. Which means we need to work more and more to improve writing skill. Thus, it is impossible to write a perfect essay at our level. I think I need to improve more vocabulary skill and should expand to use more expressions. In contrast, I think I am confident with finding the main idea from stories and understanding writing structure because I usually get started doing assignment as soon as possible after my teacher gives assignment. Otherwise, I will easily forget some important pieces of her instruction. Understanding one's writing structure accounts for huge score on each essay. That is why I can get better scores. However, I am worried about the final writing exam because I always need to use my dictionary and my computer when I write essays. I often make spelling errors. :( If I am not allowed to use dictionary for the final writing exam in class, I might not get a good score. Thus, I should earn as much points on each assignment prior to the final exam. My teacher said, "Final writing exam is always difficult for most students, and students usually get a bad score." I think the exam will lower my grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment