Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner

Yesterday my husband and I were invited to my friend's house to have thanksgiving dinner. My husband made Japanese sushi which is called chirashi zushi, and I baked a chocolate cake and took these to her house.



My friend prepared many foods such as a roast turkey, fried squash, pumpkin soup, red bean rice, steamed vegetable and sweet rice drink. She cooked turkey for the first time yesterday. She told me she didn't refer to any recipe and was never taught how to roast a turkey. She cooked it with her own instinct. I was very impressed. I have roasted turkeys four times and always had to check the recipe while cooking. We enjoyed talking and eating with her family, which is consisted with herself, her husband, and two sons, and two home-stay girls. Her husband's birthday is October, so we celebrated his birthday as well. We sung happy birthday, and her younger son entertained us with playing trumpet. Her older son looked very tired and too skinny but was always nice to us. He has been hospitalized a week ago because of a surgery of spontaneous pneumothorax. He was doing labored breath. Because he needed to be skip school for a week, now he needs to catch up with all the arduous school works. After while, he went back to his room to do assignments.
We enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner at her house for five hours. After coming back home, we headed toward a mall to enjoy Black Friday sale.    





 Today's Vocabulary
・ one's own instinct : 自らの本能、自らの直感

No comments:

Post a Comment