Sunday, December 9, 2012

Progress Report of My 26-day Challenge

 My first challenge is going to my apartment's gym for 26 days. On November 30, I started to going to the gym, so it's been nine days since then. I passed over one third until I meet my goal. I'm going to share with you about the progress of my challenge.
 Before starting my challenge, I often had had severe backache, and I had felt guilty about not doing exercise. However, now I don't usually have backache. :)  I had already understood exercising was very important to reduce my backache, but I disliked exercising nonetheless. Furthermore, I needed to break the shell in someway. That's why this challenge was perfect for me. :) The most difficult part of my challenge is that I need to manage my schedule. I go to gym every evening, so the time of dinner is very important now. I try to eat dinner as early as possible every day because I don't want to go to gym shortly after finishing dinner. My schedule became packed, but I think I regulate my daily life more than before I did.
 I hope I will meet my goal. :)   





   Today's Vocabulary
・ pass over : phrasal verb /
  1. 経過する、〔時を〕過ごす
  2. 除外する、省く、候補から外す、考慮に入れない
  3. 見送る、見逃す、見落とす、見過ごす
  4. 聞き捨てにする、黙視する、大目に見る、目こぼしする、不問に付する
    ・The policeman passed over his friend's small offense. : 警官は友人のちょっとした違反を見逃してくれた。
  5. 死ぬ
  6. 横切る、通り越す、通り過ぎる
    ・The hurricane passed over the Bahamas on the 16th. : そのハリケーンは16日にバハマ諸島を通り過ぎました。
  7. 避けて通る、避ける
    ・They keep passing me over.
  8. 引き渡す、譲る
 ・ progress : noun /
  1. 前進、進展
    ・Some analysts seem to feel that progress is too slow. : 一部のアナリストは進展が遅過ぎると感じているようだ。
  2. 発達、進歩、向上
  3. 成長、発育
    ・The drug prevents the progress of the cells around the newly formed bone. : その薬は新しく作られた骨の周りにある細胞の成長を阻害する。
  4. 〔作業などの〕進捗、進み具合
  5. 《progresses》〔王室の〕行幸
     ex) final progress report 最終経過[進捗]報告(書)
・ shortly after : ~の直後に、すぐ後に、程なく、_時ちょっと過ぎに、間もなく
     ex) shortly after infection 感染後間もなく
     ex) shortly after takeoff from ~からの離陸直後に
・ regulate one's daily life : 規則正しい生活をする

No comments:

Post a Comment