Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Last Day of Fall Semester

  Today was the last day of this semester. I took the final exam for the grammar class this morning. It wasn't very easy, but I think I did well on the test. :)
  The result of the final writing exam, which I took yesterday, has already been posted. My final writing score was 94%. I thought it was not easy for me to finish up the essay within 90 minutes, but I think I did well, and I should give myself credit for it. :) In total, I scored 96% without extra credits in this semester, and my grade of the writing class was A. Yay! I am afraid to move up to the next level, but I should have confidence in my writing and study as hard as I usually do in order to keep up with the next class. I know that my weaknesses are reading and vocabulary skills. I believe that these are very important to write better essays. I think that I have to read many books for the next writing class. I don't usually read books, but I need to get used to it in order to overcome my difficulties. I should find the way of self studying for them. Frankly, I don't usually read books even in Japanese since I am not avid reader. Hmm...  Many of my friends has been recommending me to read English books until now, but I have never seriously considered it. However, I can't avoid it now.





   Today's Vocabulary
give oneself credit : 自分を褒めてやる、自分の手柄にする
・ have confidence in : ~を信頼している、~に自信を持つ
     ex) You'll have more confidence in your use of English. : 英語を使うことにもっと自信を持つでしょう。
     ex)  have confidence in one's knowledge : 自分の知識に自信がある
avid : adjective / 熱烈な、熱心な

No comments:

Post a Comment