Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Got My Hair Cut

This morning, I went to a hair salon, whose owner has just opened at a new location a few months ago. The owner used to cut my hair when I lived in Osaka, but it was my first time to go to his new hair salon. I didn't expect that he would remember me because I had met him only one time in the past five years after moving to the U.S. As soon as he saw me, he remembered me, and I was surprised about that.

His new hair salon was very stylish.




He told me that he has been very busy because he had just started his own business. He said to me that he would like to open two more hair salons within several years. He always tries improving himself positively. I was impressed that he always has high motivation. :) I got my hair cut and a scalp care. I had a long hair, but I got my hair cut about eight inches. I really like my new hair, and I thought that he is the best hair stylist I've ever had! :) I got a scalp massage as a scalp care. The massage was very comfortable and relived my tension and stress. Even though I had already known Japanese hair salons have the best quality for Japanese people, I was reminded about that fact again today. :)
After that, I enjoyed shopping at Tennouji Mio, and my husband and I went to Muji Cafe for lunch. Their menu was very healthy, and I liked the fact that the amount of each menu was not too much. I was glad that I was finally able to go to Muji, which is one of my favorite store in Japan. However, we were not able to see everything we would like to, so we decided to go to Tennouji again tomorrow because there were many new shops, and Tennouji was our favorite shopping place in Osaka.
My husband is meeting with his former coworkers now, and I am also going to leave hotel to meet my friends half hour later. I will write about that next time. :)





   Today's Vocabulary
improve oneself : 自分自身を向上させる、教養を高める
     ex) Are you doing anything to improve yourself? : 自分自身を向上させるために何かしていますか?
     ex) improve oneself by study : 勉強して向上する[自分自身を向上させる]
     ex) struggle to improve oneself : 自己を向上させようと頑張る[躍起になる・必死に努力する]


No comments:

Post a Comment