Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My True and False Experiences

Today, my writing teacher gave some assignments, and one of the assignments was to write your personal information in three sentences to introduce yourself.  One of them should be false, others should be true. I wrote three sentences about myself.

1) Before moving to the U.S., I had already traveled to the U.S. eleven times and had enjoyed a lot.
2) I have gotten on a plane over 70 times so far.
3) I got on a helicopter two times when I was in elementary school, and I was really excited!

1) is false. :P
I had never been to the U.S. before moving here. It was my first time to step into the U.S. Furthermore, it was also my first time to go to abroad alone. At the time, I couldn't speak English at all, so I was little scared.

2) is true. :)
I am not sure how many times I used a plane, but I only know it was 70 times more. After graduating from high school, I was living far away from my home town. Whenever I got long vacations, I used a plane to go home. My boyfriend, who is my husband now, also lived from far away for three years. I used a plane to meet him periodically. In addition, my husband and I like traveling. We have traveled a lot in Japan and nine different countries.

3) is true. :)
When I was in elementary school, my school provided opportunities to getting on a helicopter to see our town for students. I remember the sound of helicopter was very loud, and I was surprised that my town looked like a small toy from above. It was a special experience for me.




   Today's Vocabulary
・ step into : phrasal verb / ~に足を踏み入れる、~に立ち入る
・ from above : 上から、上方から、高所から、天から、当局から

No comments:

Post a Comment