Friday, January 11, 2013

We Needed to Say Good Bye to Them

My husband and I went to a confectionery store which my sister works for to buy souvenirs this morning.

We bought some snacks which were made from brown sugar. These have been my favorite snacks since my sister started working there. :) 

After that, we went to a bank to withdraw some money. Then, we went to Uniqlo to buy heavy winter clothes for my father-in-law. Then, we went to my sister's house because she had asked us to accompany her to an electronic store in order to chose the right cable for her computer. After that, we picked up her son from kindergarten. He didn't say anything for while because he was really surprised that we suddenly showed up. He thought that his grandmother would come to pick him up as usual. After my husband set up her computer, it was time to take the dog for a walk. My three-year old nephew started saying he wanted to go with me even though he had been scared of the dog. He told me that he was not scared of the dog any more. After my five-year old niece came back from a swimming school, we headed toward my parents' house. We took the dog for a walk, and my niece and nephew didn't cry at all while being with the dog. Moreover, they told me the dog was really kind and cute. When we said good bye to them, my nephew began to fret and cry that he wanted to go to the U.S. His mother said they couldn't go there because it's too far away. He was not able to accept the explanation, but it couldn't be helped. I whispered to him that his mother couldn't say yes, so he should ask his father next. He nodded his head silently. I asked my niece to write letters again, and I would reply. She told me that she would write in Japanese because she didn't know English. I told her that her mother will write my address on the letter, so it would be no problem. After we said good bye to them, my husband and I came back to my parents-in-law's house and ate our last dinner of this vacation. My father-in-law had cooked beef stew for us. It was very good. We packed our baggage with a lot of stuff. We are going to leave my parents-in-law's house to go to the airport at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow. That's why we need to wake up early tomorrow morning. I think it's time to go to bed. :)





   Today's Vocabulary
・ confectionery store : 《a ~》菓子店、お菓子屋 
・ heavy winter clothing : 防寒服
・ accompany : verb / ~について行く、同行する、付き添う、同伴する、一緒に行く[する]◆【類】go together 
     ex) I'd be delighted to accompany you. : 喜んでお供させていただきます。
     ex) Let me accompany you to your house. : 私にあなたのお宅までお供させてください。 
・ fret : verb / ぐずる、苛立つ、イライラする、カリカリする、じりじりする、やきもきする
 

No comments:

Post a Comment