Saturday, January 26, 2013

What's in My Carry-on Bag

When I flew to Shanghai and Japan, I took my Herve Chapelier bag as a carry-on bag. I don't remember when I bought this bag, but I guess I got it 13 years ago. Since then, I have been taking this bag whenever I traveled somewhere.
Photo from Herve Chapelier Home Page
Herve Chapelier 1027N  $100 (11970yen)

The bag looks very compact, but it is very roomy. You might be surprised how much you can put in the bag.  Furthermore, the size is just right to place under the seat in front of you on an airplane. The carry-on bag is very important to have a great flight in long haul traveling.

I'm going to share with you what is in my carry-on bag. :)

wallet
cellphone
watch
passport
boarding pass
black pen (You possibly need to write immigration card and custom form)
iPad (as an electronic dictionary and DVD player)
books (ex. traveling book)
a pair of foldable slippers (You can take off your shoes and relax.)
lip balm (to protect your lips from excess dry airplane)
hand cream
hand sanitizer (You can sanitize your hands without water before having flight meal.)
eye drop
hand mirror
sanitary items
painkiller
face mask (in order to moisturize your throat in excess dry airplane just in case)
grease-absorbing tissues
scarf
gum (to moisturize your mouth to protect from flu and bad breath)
cough drops (to protect from flu)
toothbrush (to refresh your mouth)
a bottle of water (buy right before boarding)



I spent 14 hours on the airplane to go to Shanghai from Los Angeles. Inside the airplane is always very dry and congested, so you can easily get infection. Thus, cough drops, gum, face mask, toothbrush and hand sanitizer are must have items for me. Most Americans don't use face mask, but it is very effective to moisturize your throat. I think it effects as similar as using humidifier. When I get irritation in my throat, I eat cough drops and wear a face mask. If you get sick during long flight, you might regret after that. In addition, lip balm and hand cream are also important for me because I want to keep my skin in good nick.
 

What do you take along with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment