Sunday, February 3, 2013

Breakfast at Corner Bakery Cafe

This morning, I woke up at 7 and headed toward Corner Bakery Cafe for free breakfast. :) I had a coupon which was a free Avocado & Spinach with Egg Whites Panini. The coupon was only valid at 7 through 8 a.m. today, so I had to wake up early this morning since I didn't want to miss out on it.

I ordered the panini and homemade soup; in addition, I had a free sweet coupon for my birthday, so I ordered a banana cup cake. My husband ordered the panini and coffee.

The Avocado & Spinach Panini was originally $3.29, but I got it for free with my coupon. :) Frankly, the taste of the panini was bland, but it was great with the salsa. I thought that the amount of the panini was just right for breakfast. 

The Tomato Basil Soup was $4.99. I was surprised it was much bigger than I thought. When I ordered it, the cashier asked me, "Cup or Bowl?" I thought that cup meant paper cup, which would be for to go, and bowl is for here. :P  Actually, my assumption was not correct. Bowl is just a bigger size. Haha... I know I was silly, but I still thought this bowl looked more like a plate...   Although the soup was good since I love tomato, it was not warm at all when it was served. Even though I shared the soup with my husband, the amount of soup was still too much for us.

Because I was full, I was not able to eat the banana cup cake. After coming back home, I tried it. It was not too sweet, which was very good. The combination of chocolate and banana was perfectly the way I like it. :)

We woke up early this morning and enjoyed our breakfast at Corner Bakery Cafe. After coming back home, I took a nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment