Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's a Bargain, But...

Now, my husband and I are looking for some furniture for our new apartment. Mattress and bed frame are ones which we need to buy. These day, I have found used Ikea queen size mattress and bed frame for $150 on Japanese trading site. February and March are moving season in Japan, so many Japanese people are preparing for moving back to Japan. By the way, unlike other countries' immigrants, many Japanese people in the U.S. are living temporary, such as 1 to 5 years of temporary deployment oversea. Most used beds on the site were used only for 6 months to 5 years, the price range of mattress and bed frame set was $10 to $200. Don't you think that's a incredible bargain? The only problem is that the buyer must pick them up. Because mattress and bed frame are not easy to carry, I need to give up the bargain. Today, we went to Ikea, these were around $700. If I could buy them on Japanese trading site, I could save more than $500! I tried searching how to carry mattress on a car on Internet, but I couldn't figure out exactly. If I can find it on Youtube, I might understand it easily. Or, Should I rent U-Haul trailer? Maybe I should give up...

No comments:

Post a Comment