Wednesday, March 27, 2013

An In-class Essay Exam Is Coming Up Soon

I am going to take a midterm exam, which will be writing an essay in class, coming up next Wednesday. My writing teacher taught us how to manage your time and organize your essay during the exam. He didn't mention how long it will be, but I don't think I can finish it in time. It's because the last essay took me a week to finish up my rough draft. I guessed I spent over 24 hours for it in total. :( It was very hard for me to organize the essay. It was difficult to match the thesis statement, conclusion sentences, topic sentences and example sentences. I am little nervous to take an in-class essay exam. :(

Today, I asked my classmate if she would take any class during summer. She told me that she would take two classes. She wants to take next level's writing class in summer next even though she knows summer classes are very hard since they are shorter. A month ago, our writing teacher advised us that we should avoid taking that class in summer. I was impressed by her determination. She said, "We have only three writing classes to transfer to UC. That's all." I wanted to take the next level's writing class, but I should clearly not take a writing class anymore because my goal is not to transfer to a UC. However, I sometimes ask myself why I am taking writing class now. I used to enjoy writing essays and found a liking for it. I wanted to improve my writing skill more and more, but now I don't enjoy writing essays because it takes too much time. Because my writing and reading skills are still weak, it is very hard to keep up with my writing assignments... If my goal were finishing the next level's writing class (That used to be my goal though. ), I would motivate myself. Anyway, I will make a great deal of effort for my current writing class. I hope I will finish it with a good grade! I have been getting good scores in this class so far, so I can do it! :)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment