Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chayote

Today, my friend and I went to a Mexican supermarket, El Super, and bought chayotes, which are green colored squashes, for my first time. According to Wikipedia, "the chayote is originally native to Mexico or Central America where it grows abundantly and has little commercial value, and it has been introduced as a crop all over Latin America, and worldwide." I didn't know how to cook chayotes at all, but I bought two anyway because chayotes were on sale at three for 99 cent there. :)



I searched the recipes of a chayote on the Internet and found some from the Japanese cooking recipe site, cookpad. I believe that the chayote is still not very popular in Japan, but I was able to find many recipes. :)

I will try one of the recipes in near future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment