Friday, April 19, 2013

Having Many Credit Cards

Today, I went to a cafe to meet my friend as usual Friday morning. She excitedly told me that she was finally able to make her own credit cards. She had not been accepted to make new credit cards before because she just got her SSN last year. She told me that she had already made three new store credit cards. I asked her how many credit cards she owns. Now, she has six credit cards, and three of them are joint credit cards. I was surprised that she has a lot of credit cards because I only have four credit cards. Every time I go to retail stores, cashiers ask me to make new store credit cards to get some rewards and discounts, but I refuse them. It's because I don't want to handle so many credit cards. Besides that, my husband doesn't like to have too many credit cards. He told me that we shouldn't make any more new credit cards. Even if we don't use the credit cards every month, we need to check the detailed statements for all credit cards every single month. It's because someone might be skimming our credit cards. Long time ago, one of our credit cards was used to purchase an airplane ticket, which was about $3,000, by credit card fraud. My husband was luck enough to notice about that and called the credit card company, so we didn't have to be required to pay for it. However, if you can handle all your credit cards properly, I think it is okay to make as many credit cards as you wish. It depends on you and your credit score. Frankly, I want to get discounts from each store though. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment