Monday, April 22, 2013

Most of My Classmates Are Always Worn Out

I got the result of the midterm in-class essay today. My score was not very good but was better than I was expecting. I was little bit relived.

Today, one of our classmates told our teacher that she had been very tired these day because she was taking 18 units this semester. She stayed awake throughout the night because of the assignment. My teacher said, "How could students possibly take 18 units with full time job? I think 12 units is maximum to handle student's study without job." He explained if you take 12 units, you need to take your class for 12 hours a week and do homework for 36 hours a week. In her case, she needs to study for 72 hours a week. She said that she didn't have time to cook due to arduous assignments. For ESL students, it is not easy to keep up with the regular classes. I know they are very smart though. Most of my classmates are planning on transferring to the UC, and they try to take as many classes as possible. Even though they are tired from school works now, they won't slow down for the next semester. If I were them, I would be completely worn out. I am taking only 5 units this semester because I need to focus on studying nursing now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment