Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Favorite Skincare Products

I have told my sister how I loved Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Even though I have dry combination skin, I don't feel dryness on my skin by using it. It is the most effective moisturizing lotion I've ever used. :)
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion


When I was 22 in Japan, I started using the lotion. Before that, I used to use affordable, inexpensive skincare products because I didn't have skin trouble. However, as I grew older, I started thinking that I should use high-end products to keep my skin younger. Some of my friends always used Clinique skin care line. That's why I became interested in their products. Clinique products are about three times more expensive in Japan than in the U.S. At the time, I had a comfortable income by working as a nurse, so I could afford to purchase their products. I used many Clinique skincare products, such as facial soap, Clarifying Lotion, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, Turinaround Overnight Moisturizer, All About Eye and some other night cream and serum. At age 25, I was probably using seven or eight Clinique skincare products on a daily basis. I know that I used to use too many products. Now, I don't use their products expect for Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I still love their All About Eye and Turnaround Overnight Moisturizer, but their products are pretty pricy for me now. These are much cheaper than I used to purchase though. Haha. :)  When I was 25, I was coaching my less-experienced coworker, who was 10 years older than me, everyday for a year. Her skin was very beautiful and looked like around 25 years old. I was curious how she kept her skin younger. She told me that she had used so many skincare products in different brands so far. She advised me that it was not always true that high-end brands would be effective, and that I didn't have to use a lot of products. The most important things to prevent aging your skin are sufficiently moisturizing your skin and using a high effective sunscreen all year round because ultraviolet ages your skin. At that time, I only used sunscreen in summer. :P I started using sunscreen everyday. Even when I stay at home all day, I apply sunscreen in order to protect my skin from sun from windows now.

Anyway, now my skincare routine is very simple, and I don't usually have any trouble on my skin. :)

In the morning, I use my homemade water-based lotion, StriVectin eye cream, Olay Compelete All Day Moisturizer, and Aveeno sunscreen (SPF 30).

In the night, I use my homemade water-based lotion, StriVectin eye cream, serum (Roc or Physician's Formula), and Clinique moisturizer lotion.



Whenever I become interested in other skincare products, I can change eye cream, serum, and sunscreen. However, I can not replace my homemade lotion and Clinique moisturizer lotion because I have noticed that these are more effective for my skin than any other products, and I love them so much. :)


     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment