Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pronunciation Practice

     Today, I took tutoring to practice my pronunciations. My tutor told me that she had noticed that I had been improving my pronunciation skill. :) I still didn't recognize difference between some sounds by listing, such as r and l. However, I have noticed that I pronounced some sounds much more naturally. I took pronunciation class for two semesters long time ago, but it was difficult to recognize whether or not I pronounced words correctly by checking with non-native peers in class. Now I practice pronunciations at home, and my tutor checks my pronunciation at school. I always try to pronounce correctly by checking pronunciation symbols. Regardless, I still make pronunciation errors and also do not recognize until my tutor point it out.
     I used to feel bored by studying and practicing pronunciation, but now I enjoy them. I hope I will improve my pronunciation skill!


     These are vocabularies I need to work more.
 police ( pəlíːs )
 criminal ( krímənl )
 record ( rɪkˈɔɚd ) as a verb
 record ( rékɚd ) as a noun
 solve ( sάlv )
 flat rate ( flˈæt - réɪt )
 flaw ( flˈɔː )
 flour ( flάʊɚ ) without any pause
 flower ( flάʊɚ ) (with the distinct w (ว) sound in the last syllable AND distinct pause between w from the first syllable and w in the last syllable)

No comments:

Post a Comment