Monday, April 8, 2013

Reviewing Our In-class Essay Exam

Today, our class discussed our previous in-class essay exam. I thought the exam was more difficult than I expected, but today I found out that I wasn't the only one who thought that way. Most students found it difficult to write in-class essay in 90 minutes. Some students said that they were not able to concentrate well because a student started typing 20 seconds after getting writing prompts. The typing noise made them confused. I think we were supposed to create outline of the essay at the first 10 minutes. However, we should focus on our own essay during the exam. Our teacher said that he would allow students to bring ear plugs or ear phones if we preferred it in order to focus on our own essay. I didn't care about how well other students were writing during the exam, so I don't have that problem. Some students had a difficult time to figure out the format and had the computer's technical problems. One of our classmate said that her typing was slower than she came up with ideas of the essay, so she preferred handwriting to typing. In the final essay exam, we can chose either handwriting or typing. Most students felt that the exam was difficult even though a few students said the in-class exam was easier than what they had experienced before. I think I was able to concentrate well, manage my time, and type fast enough during in-class exam. I was not satisfied with my in-class essay nonetheless. I analyze that my problem was that I don't have enough expressions in English. It's been four years since I started learning English from very beginning level. I have noticed my English improvements many times so far, but I still have difficulty in English. I think learning English is an endless process for everyone, but I don't want to give it up. I hope I will become more comfortable and confident with English.

No comments:

Post a Comment