Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Walking with Chappy

When my husband and I were traveling in Japan about five months ago, we took my family's dog for a walk as many times as we could. The lovely dog's name is Chappy, who is a five-year female dog. She is very kind and  loves going walking. While walking, she was always excited. 











    When she came to my parents' home in May 2008, she was about 5 months old. She had beautiful black hair.
    Chappy came from my neighbor's house. The neighbor had a pregnant dog, but the owner passed away sadly. Then, the mother dog gave a birth to several puppies. The former owner's sister was looking for someone who could adopt the puppies. At the time, two dogs including Chappy were remaining. My family decided to adopt her. I was living in my parents' house in May through September 2008, so I loved being with Chappy everyday. She was a very peaceful dog. She never barked except for before walking, and she loved people very much. I imagined that the former owner took care of her very well.
Chappy at age 7 months

When she was seven months old, she took a spay surgery to protect her unintended pregnancy. She needed to wear the cone collar for a few weeks to protect the sutured wound. I though she didn't like the collar; ironically, she looked cuter.  
Chappy at age 7 months

As compare with old pictures, I noticed she was bigger and older than when I was living with her. It's been almost five years since I left from Japan. I can not meet her as many times as I wish, and I miss her very much.


This is a video I recorded when I was in Japan this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment