Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Farewell to My School

Today was the last day of the spring semester. Many students were talking what they should take next semester. My classmate who is Taiwanese asked our teacher if she can take the upper class next semester. She has been living in the U.S. less than a year. She and I took the same classes for two semesters. My teacher told her that her writing level was good enough to keep up with the upper class and advised her to read a book for at least 30 minutes everyday. The other student who is Iranian asked our teacher the same things. He has been here since he was 11, and he also took the same class with me in the past two semester. My teacher told him that his writing was very natural like as native speakers do, and his grammar skill was not bad, but he should take this class one more semester. I know he is very smart and speaks very fluently, but I think the only writing problem he has is that he doesn't follow the rule of writing structure. That is very important to evaluate your essay. Writing structure is not too difficult if he focuses on that. Most students will continue to go to school for their own goals, but I think this semester was the last semester for me. I was glad that I accomplished one of my goals which was finishing the highest ESL class, but at the same time I miss my school days. I have been going to my school since May 2010. It has been three years. I have taken many classes there, and I am familiar with many teachers, classmates, and my school. However, I should not linger there forever, and I'd like to move on. Living in new circumstance is scary and stressful, but I hope I will overcome all difficulties in the future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment