Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Chick of Seagull at La Jolla Beach

    My husband and I went to La Jolla Beach to see seals on July 4. It was very crowded, and some roads were closed. I guessed that it was due to fireworks. Many people set up tents there. Maybe, they were waiting for fireworks.



     Usually, there are many seals lying on the beach, and people cannot go into the beach. However, there were many people and no seal was on the beach that day. I thought seals couldn't reach and rest on the sand because of people.


     I was able to see 10 seals there. They were staring at people from ocean. I thought they were wondering why their beach was occupied with so many people that day. They must have wanted to lie and rest on the beach. 

     At the beach, I saw an adult seagull and a chick. It was my first time to see baby seagull. The chick was very fluffy and small, and she always followed her mother. They looked scared every time people crossed behind them.



   They sometimes became separated while escaping from people.
     She was looking for her mother...

     Some people were swimming at the beach where seals inhabited.




    I don't know if the beach was opened for people because of 4th of July, but many wild animals, such as seals and seagulls lives were interrupted that day. It was very sad.




     After a short while we left the beach, fireworks started. My husband and I were able to see fireworks from our car. On the way home, we were able to see many fireworks from over 10 different locations from on the freeway. The fireworks were set off along many beaches. I had never seen fireworks on 4th of July in the U.S. That's why it was very memorable moment for me. 

       My entries related to La Jolla can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/La%20Jolla%20Beach

       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/wild%20animals

No comments:

Post a Comment