Monday, August 26, 2013

Birds of Southern California

     When my husband and I went to Balboa Island two weeks ago, I purchased this guide book, Birds of Southern California. I think it was about $7 at the book store. It is very handy for me to identify many wild birds.


    This is a picture my husband took near my apartment. I often see this bird anywhere in Southern California. Before I purchased the guide book, I thought this bird was a small crow. However, by using the guide book, I learned that this bird is Brewer's Blackbird.


    I often see geese at lake, these are called Canada geese.

     I thought these birds were duck, but these are Snow Geese.


      I saw numerous Pelicans when my husband and I went whale watching a week ago. This is called Brown Pelican.

      I saw birds from boat in Dana Point. The birds are Cormorants.



     Because I love wild animals, I am very interested in this book. After taking picture of birds, I always check this book to know more about what I've seen accurately. I am glad that I purchased this book. :)

       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/wild%20animals


No comments:

Post a Comment