Thursday, August 8, 2013

Village Pond Park


      Last week, my husband and I went to Village Pond Park in Lake Forest. After I took the NCLEX on July 26th, I saw that there were incredibly numerous birds at the park on the way home! That's why I decided to take my husband to this park. 



     Because there were too many birds, we needed to be very careful not to get birds' poop on our shoes! 



     We probably saw more than 1,000 Canadian geese! I had never seen this many geese before.



     At the park, someone was taking a tortoise for a walk. This turtle was very big and heavy! The man let my husband get her up. My husband told me that she was heavier than 20 lb of rice and guessed that she might be over 40 lb! The man asked us to sit on her and took pictures with her. He seemed very proud of her. :) The man told us she was about 20 years old and still a baby because tortoises live more than 100 years.

      My husband told me that he had wanted to go back home as soon as possible because there were too much poop! However, he enjoyed meeting with this turtle more than seeing wild birds. I enjoyed and liked both of them though.



       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/wild%20animals

No comments:

Post a Comment