Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Specialties

     My refresher course will begin tomorrow, and I am very nervous now. I think that tomorrow's class will be orientation and self-introduction. Even though I have been out of clinical practice for almost six years and have never worked in the U.S., I might need to simply explain my experiences of working as a nurse in class.
      I worked as a nurse in Japan for 8 years. First three years, I worked at psychiatry wards, and at the same time, I had part time job at acute and emergency hospital for two years. Then, I worked at neurosurgical department for outpatient at university hospital for a year. Then, I worked at the VIP ward of the acute hospital for four years, and at the same time, I worked at chemotherapy floor. At the VIP ward, the patients were famous actors, politicians, heads of big companies, and so on, and I got involved with variety of clinical cases, such as cardiology, endocrinology, dermatology, gastroenterology, geriatrics, gynecology, immunology, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pediatrics, psychiatry, urology, and pulumology.
     Because I worked with many different cases, it was difficult for me to explain what my specialties are.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment