Friday, February 7, 2014

RN Refresher Course

     Last Tuesday, I took the RN refresher course. It was the first day of the course and was 9 hours long. I was expecting that we would have lunch break, but the teacher was very passionate to teach us even while we were having lunch. That's why I ended up having backache from sitting in a chair for 9 hours. However, it was not boring at all. I really enjoyed taking the class!
     My teacher suggested to me getting BSN, which stands for Bachelor of Science in Nursing, at least because I haven't been educated in the U.S. Now, most hospitals want to hire only high educated RNs. In order to get a job during serious employment ice age, I should get BSN. I know it was a very good advice for me, but I don't want to go back to school now. I assume that it will take me to finish getting a BSN for six years or so as a full-time student because English is my second language. It'll be very hard and take too long for me...  :((  She also suggested seeking RN jobs in other states such as Texas because California is the worst state for RN job marketing. It was also good idea to gain experience as RN in another state, but it is just not realistic for me because my husband has a great job which he really loves here. That's why we will not move.
     Unlike previous RN refresher course, which I dropped out because of the distance, my teacher didn't give any assignments. :))  I just need to take it for 18 more hours to finish the course.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment