Thursday, March 6, 2014

Brown Pelican - Juvenile and Adult

     I sometimes go to beach and see some brown pelicans. I have noticed different appearance between brown pelicans on piers and in seashore. Because I love animals, I became interested in it.

     I often see brownish-gray colored pelican on piers in Southern California.

Juvenile


     At La Jolla, I only see a pelican which has reddish on the throat on seashores. The head is white and yellowish.
adult

      After looking it up the Internet, I figured out that these pelicans are adult. I saw adult pelicans flying out beautifully many times.

adult

      The juvenile pelican also fly beautifully but doesn't do as well as adult. When they start flying, they look little awkward.

Juvenile

      I recorded juvenile pelicans on the pier, and one of them flew away at last. I thought it still tried to practice flying.



       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/wild%20animals

No comments:

Post a Comment